Sunday, February 22, 2009

teachers- the good and the bad

I am going to blog about teachers one more time, then I will leave their profession alone. I realize 92% of them are really good teachers. Some go clear out of their way to make a difference in their students lives.

I remember one time telling one of my children's' teacher, that my child had received all purple ribbons at the county fair that year. This teacher remark was ,"I wouldn't be surprise to see her purple ribbon her way through life". wow what a compliment!

I seen teachers go out of their way to make sure kids had shoes, hats and mittens. They don't do it to get credit or to get notice.

I had a child in 1st grade who was told to mouth the words instead of sing in a school singing program. She waited until High school to tell me this happen, she was so hurt.

My children were very lucky to have some of the best teachers in math and science area. If a teacher loves what they are teaching, it really makes a difference.

Teachers should never call a kid an name in front of the class. Something is definitely wrong with a teacher who has made a kid be the target of his peers laughs. Teachers should never say comments, like so and so parents are problems drinkers. It makes you wonder why this teacher is even teaching.

If a student drops your class, don't hold it against the student for the rest of their high school years. If they deserve an award, don't vote against them getting it, just because they drop your class.

there is a few more things I could bring up, but I think I feel better now. It is just my kids would never let me complain while they were in school. So now that they are all in college and beyond, I feel like I need to get this all this off my chest .

5 comments:

  1. I think your estimate of 92% of the teachers as good might be too high.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i def think 92 is way to high.
    but is okay all your children turned out ok... well at least i turned out ok

    ReplyDelete