Friday, February 27, 2009

delayed Karma - sweet story

One more school blog----delayed Karma

The year was 1971, I was sitting in my high school gym for the annual seniors awards day. I actually thought I might get the most improved student in History award. This would be the only award I would be close to getting. School was hard for me, but I loved history. Over and over again students crossed the stage, collecting their awards. One girl in particular got over a dozen awards. I just wished they would of spread the awards out a little bit. This girl did deserve them but I could not see that, back then. My best friend won the history award, so that was nice. My life went on, no big deal, never gave much thought to this day, and then:


The year was 2006, I was sitting in my daughters' high school gym for the annual seniors awards day. I figure she would get several awards because she had been so busy with community service and school activities during her high school years. To my surprise her name was announced 15 times for different awards and scholarships. I was quite proud of her.


A week or so later I was out driving and it dawn on me, my daughter was just like the girl back in 1971 who received so many awards at my high school. All I could do was smile!!!!

Is that not "delayed Karma" at its best.

1 comment: