Thursday, March 5, 2009

Things I fear

Things I fear: water or better yet just the fact that I do not know how to swim. I do not put myself in a environment where I will have to deal with not knowing how to swim. I avoid going out on boats. If I get talk into this, I am the first one on with a life jacket. I do enjoy sitting on high ground and watching the water. One of my best memories is sitting at Boston Harbor watching the world go by.

Heights: Once I was painting the old house, I made it up to the roof, thought I was doing fine. Then I looked down, I froze. I sat for at least an hour up there, before one of the area farmers on his tractor saw me, came to my aid and got me down. I have never been on a step ladder since and that was 28 years ago.

cockroaches: One day I was helping a client take out her trash. I pulled a trash bag out and notice her screaming and pointing at my shirt. There on my shirt was 1 and half inch cockroach, it was the biggest one I ever seen. My heart was jumping all over the place.

Speaking in front of groups: My body does exactly what they say bodies do when their owners are scare of speaking in public. This is why I was always so proud of my kids when they were in speech, Drama and also 4-H. { that deserve a posting to itself,coming at a later time} Now I just don't put myself in a environment that I might have to do this sort of speaking thing. To get a feeling of what it is like for me, think about the last race you ran. Remember how you felt at the end, sweating, out of breath etc. that exactly what I feel like and I am just standing there.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know about cockroaches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i use to fear cockroaches but then i realized they are everywhere in florida and one of my managers told me you are bigger then them so you should be afraid of them.

    ReplyDelete