Thursday, January 22, 2009

the list!!!!

This is my list of 17 things
1. When I was growing up, my favorite thing to do was day dream. While I was traveling in a car,riding a bus,sitting in class, swinging on a swing set and so on. My 2 favorite day dreams were riding a stage coach and living on a houseboat on the Mississippi River.

2.Once I found a phamlet at the state Fair-where you could rent a houseboat for a week . If ever i would had the money I would have jump on this chance to take all of you on it. Going to Disney never cross my mind,but this houseboat would have been a magical vocation. People always say if you can't afford don't do it. But sometimes you deserve to do it even if you can't afford it. because maybe you will never be able to afford it.

3.My favorite books while growing up were about stagecoaches and houseboats. {go figure]

4.The first movie I seen at a movie theater was the one with all the black and white dogs in it. The scariest movie i ever seen was the Exodus. The 2 movies i like the best were, "rain man" and "one flew over the cuckoo nest".

5.Each time i visited my parents, I enjoyed that visit more than the previous visit. I enjoyed making my dad and mom laugh.

6. I really liked that my kids have blogs, I feel like I am active part of their lives.

7.The most important inventions of the last 25 years to me are :caller ID,Ziploc bags with zipper on them,Glad wear,crock pot cooking liners and blogs.

8.That I cannot describe how much I loved my kids . Until you have a child you cannot possible understand this love.

9.Things always looked better the day after....I can only remember once in my life being truly depressed.I was about 25 , Rick was 2. I was getting up every day at 445am , dropping Rick off at sitters,taking your dad to work and then going to work myself [we only had one vehicle then]. After work I would pick Rick up and then go sit at your dads place of work until he got off which was any where from 30 minutes to an hour or more. I was doing this day after day after day. I woke up one morning and thought , "Is this all this is to life." I felt terrible all day. Lucky for me the next day when i woke up the depression had move on. I consider myself lucky that I only had major depression for just one day.

10. The worst 5 days of my life started June 4, 1986.

11. I still like writing a letter the old fashion way and I like to get them. I love Christmas newsletters and i would Love to receive them year around from friends and relatives.

12.I love reading the daily newspaper. I love when my kids bring me a USA Today {without being asked to}. They see a USA Today and a bell goes off in their head. "make mom's day`buy a USA for her"

13.Time,Newsweek,MAD,Rolling Stone,Star and Bender are my favorite mag. Now that is a well balance diet of reading.

14When I dig into my cedar chest. There are so many memories in there ,it takes me hours to go through it.

15 When i was in high school 1969-1971, Pres. Nixon was in DSM, They let us out of school early to go downtown to see his car go by. We threw eggs at his limo. Remember this was the day of the Aquarius,hippies and Woodstock.

16.Friends will come and go, but sisters will be yours forever. I am a firm believer in this.

17.I have never had a brand new vechile. As long as a vehicle starts, has workable doors,ac and a radio. I am happy with it.

5 comments:

  1. thats a great list mom...i never knew you thought houseboats were cool...when i think of houseboats, i think of throwing up L)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you liked houseboats either. you did a great job =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. number 10 should have said "The wotst 5 days of my life started June 4 1987.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i didn't know the thing about nixon.. i'm impress

    ReplyDelete
  5. one of my friends said 'wasn't it strange that your mom was throwing eggs at a car of a guy who shared her last name'

    ReplyDelete